- Dirty Projectors »
Right, we'll keep this quick and brief because we truthfully don't have a great deal of time to mess around with here, everything's happening so quickly. We've got a pair of tickets to give away to see Dirty Projectors play at the Barbican in London on 25 June. That's on Friday. So three days time, OK?
It's not just any old gig (obviously, it's at the flaming Barbican), it's a rare opportunity to see them perform their album The Getty Address in its entirety. We don't know when another opportunity to do this will come along, so if you're 'into' it and don't have tickets then enter this competition.
The band will be backed by a 20-piece contemporary ensemble, Alarm Will Sound, by the way.
To be in with a chance of winning the pair of tickets just answer the following (relatively connected) question correctly, either on Facebook or in the comments section below:
Q: The Gettysburg Address took place during which conflict?
a) - The English Civil War
b) - The American Civil War
c) - The Hundred Years War
d) - The First Cod War
The winner will be selected at random from those who answered correctly and will be notified either via Facebook or by a PM on this website, so keep your eyes firmly on your inboxes. Competition closes at Midday on Thursday. So just 42 hours to get your answers in. In the mean time watch this video of them performing below:
- In Photos: Iceland Airwaves 2012 @ Reykjavik, Iceland
- This Week's Singles 05.11.12: Sam Lee, Dirty Projectors, Stay+, Egyptian Hip Hop
- In Photos: Dirty Projectors @ The Roundhouse, London
- This Week's Singles: 02/07/12 Dirty Projectors, TEMPA T, Field Music, Scuba, Rudi Zygadlo
- Dirty Projectors - Swing Lo Magellan
- 5-4-Fri: Eight And a Half, FOE, Dirty Projectors, Buffalo Tide + "Sigh-Fi"
- Drowned in Brighton #7
- New Dirty Projectors record nearly finished, due next year