Bristol's pioneering sons Massive Attack have announced details of their forthcoming four-track EP, featuring a whole host of wonderful guest collaborators.
Splitting The Atom will be released on October 5 and will feature appearances from TV On The Radio's Tunde Adebimpe on 'Pray For Rain', Horace Andy and Robert Del Naja feature on the lead track whilst Martina Topley Bird guests on 'Psyche'. Oh, and let's not forget Mercury Prize winning Guy Garvey, who lends his talent to 'Bulletproof Love'.
The cover art, we understand, looks like this:
The band release their fifth studio album in February next year and they will again be no strangers and not shy to collaborations. Lined up for the as-yet-untitled album are Damon Albarn, Hope Sandoval as well as the aformentioned Adebimpe, Garvey, and Topley-Bird.
Catch Massive Attack on the following dates this September:
17 - London, Brixton Academy (Sold Out)
18 - London, Brixton Academy (Sold Out)
19 - London, Brixton Academy (Sold Out)
21 - Sheffield, Academy
22 - Birmingham, Academy
23 - Reading, Rivermead
24 - Leeds, Academy
26 - Manchester, Apollo (Sold Out)
27 - Manchester, Apollo
28 - Glasgow, Academy
30 - Newcastle, Academy
2 - Leicester, De Montfort Hall
3 - Swindon, Oasis (Sold Out)
Tickets available from Gigs & Tours. Priced at £28.50 generally and £30 for London dates.
- Riot Protection: Massive Attack’s Robert Del Naja makes massive sweeping statement
- The Big Chill 2010: the DiS review
- French festival La Route Du Rock announces lineup for 20th anniversary: win tickets & travel
- Festival News Round-Up #7
- This week’s albums ft Massive Attack, Pantha du Prince and Built to Spill
- Massive Attack - Heligoland
- Massive Attack announce details for new LP Heligoland
- Spotifriday #19: This Week on DiS as a playlist