- Feist »
- Polydor »
You’ve heard the standard mix, no doubt (vid’s below if not), but what’s turned DiS heads with this re-release is the Grizzly Bear take on ‘My Moon My Man’.
Unexpectedly for a gang of musicians mainly known for their downbeat folk-infused experi-indie, the New Yorkers’ twist on the original is to pack it full of booty-busting bass and let Feist’s vocals flow without fiddling. They pitch her up only when the track staggers, and subtly too, allowing the heart of the album version to stand out on a sleeve of brilliant new design. It's a worth-the-money mix, fo'sho, should a couple of quid be kicking about your pocket next time you're in HMV.
‘Course, chances are the straight-up take tickles yours more, so…
- In Photos: Green Man Festival 2012 @ Glanusk Park, Wales
- In Photos: Way Out West 2012 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
- Watch: Feist Live at Abbey Road session
- In Photos: Feist @ London Palladium
- Listen: Stream Feist's new album, Metals
- Feist to play London Palladium in October
- Spotifriday #101 featuring DOOM, Vivian Girls, Mogwai + more
- Feist announces new album, October release