Jack White: sideburns and single
"I've got gigantic sideburns and light brown hair" Jack White mentioned to Radio 1. "And I'm dressed in the 1800's sort of garb." He is due to play a bit part in 'Cold Mountain' (based on the Charles Frazier novel) alongside Jude Law, Nicole Kidman, Natalie Portman and Renee Zellweger. The plot is said to be "a love story based on the journey of a Confederate soldier from a hospital to his home in North Carolina."
"It is weird to be sharing a cigarette with Nicole Kidman in the middle of Transylvania!" John G added before confirming that he will be writing new songs for the score for the film, which is due for release in 2003.
And don't forget, as readers of dead-tree music publications should know by now, White Stripes and The Strokes are planning to release a joint single, as mentioned by Jack White after their Reading and Leeds appearances, where both bands record a double A-side single together.
"We’re thinking about it - it'd be cool" Jack said of the possable recording plans. At the moment The White Stripes are heading off to Toe Rag Studios in east London to work on the final mixes of their forthcoming new album. The Strokes seem to still to be happy getting good mileage out of their old one, My Vitriol style...
- Leeds 2011: A Festival Diary
- Leeds Festival 2011 - Drowned In Sound's Sunday Blog
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2011 - Day 3
- In Photos: The Strokes @ Leeds Festival 2011
- In Photos: Reading Festival 2011 - Day 2
- DiS in the Desert: Coachella Festival 2011 Reviewed
- Spotifriday #83: This Week as a Playlist ft. Battles, Tom Waits, Strokes, Pixies, Austra
- The Strokes - Angles