- Bright Eyes »
Although Conor Oberst has been busy with Monsters Of Rock and various other projects, he's still finding time to release a new Bright Eyes record, something which we surprisingly found out today. The album is called The People's Key and will come out on February 14, 2011, nearly four years since the release of the last Bright Eyes record, the acclaimed Cassadaga.
The album was recorded at the band's ARC Studios and was produced by Mike Mogis - naturally - and engineered by Mogis once more, with the help of Andy Lemaster. The People's Key contains the following tracks in the following order...
- Shell Games
- Jejune Stars
- Approximate Sunlight
- Haile Selassie
- A Machine Spiritual (In The People’s Key)
- Triple Spiral
- Beginner’s Mind
- Ladder Song
- One For You, One For Me
Various semi-famous musicians appear on the record, including Matt Magin of Cursive, Carla Azar of Autolux, Clark Baechle of The Faint, Laura Burhenn of The Mynabirds and a few more you may or may not have heard of. The band have also announced a couple of live shows next year, including one at the Royal Albert Hall on June 23. A long time to wait, sure, but the pre-sale begins at 5PM GMT on December 1 with a public sale on December 4 at 1PM GMT.
- DiS Digest: January 2013's Album of the Month, Playlist + more...
- “Good things change a little to adjust to the times” - Conor Oberst on the return of Desaparecidos
- Desaparecidos to play the UK for the very first time
- DiS in 2011: Stats, Most Read, Top Threads and Editor's Picks
- DiS' Favourite Albums of 2011: 20-6
- Albums of the Year 2000 - 11yrson: An Introduction
- Spotify Playlist: Drowned in Sound's Songs of the Year (So Far)
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2011 @ Henham Park, Suffolk