- The Strokes »
So, the chances are you may have read about this already in the last few hours, but many of you probably haven't, so we'll tell you anyway. News is that The Strokes are playing a somewhat-less-secret-than-earlier show in London, tomorrow, Wednesday June 9.
The venue the indie-rock behemoths are playing is Dingwalls, in Camden, as a sort of potential warm-up show for their Isle of Wight festival performance. Obviously this is a decent-ish chance for you to see them in a much smaller venue than you're used to seeing them play in. A 'great opportunity', in other words.
The band are cleverly using an alternative name, though this all becomes slightly redundant now. The name, for your information, is Venison and the logo (which was a slight giveaway, in honesty) was used on the Dingwalls website and looks like this:
Neat. Tickets go on sale at 9PM this evening (June 8) from here and are a total snip at £10. Reports state that the tickets are online only, so you're going to have to be very quick indeed.
- Leeds 2011: A Festival Diary
- Leeds Festival 2011 - Drowned In Sound's Sunday Blog
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2011 - Day 3
- In Photos: The Strokes @ Leeds Festival 2011
- In Photos: Reading Festival 2011 - Day 2
- DiS in the Desert: Coachella Festival 2011 Reviewed
- Spotifriday #83: This Week as a Playlist ft. Battles, Tom Waits, Strokes, Pixies, Austra
- The Strokes - Angles