Muse, Fleet Foxes and Tupac make it onto The Pope's playlist (of sorts)
Never in the life of this Pope, or indeed any other, did we think we'd be writing this article - how quickly times change. It has emerged that The Vatican's MySpace playlist (another WTF moment if you didn't already know...) contains tracks by Muse, amongst various others, including Fleet Foxes and Tupac Shakur. MENTAL.
The Muse track featured is 'The Uprising', taken from their current Long Player, The Resistance. The full tracklisting is as follows:
- Music From The Vatican - Alma Mater (ft. Pope Benedict XVI)
- Muse - Uprising
- Music From The Vatican - Causa Nostrae Laetitiae
- Rosso Malpelo - Il Mare Mi Salva
- Mozart - Don Giovanni Overture
- Fleet Foxes - He Doesn't Know
- Tupac - Changes (Explicit)
- Music From The Vatican - Regina Coeli
OK, a few things upon observing that list, which I'm sure you've thought of anyway. Firstly, does anybody know what the Pope's voice sounds like? No, well, you can find out now. Fleet FOXES?! Finally, why on EARTH would they choose the explicit version of 'Changes', for the love of God?! Probably not for that reason, but still.
The playlist is said to feature:
"A perfect mix of classical, world and contemporary music. The genres are very different from each other, but all these artists share the aim to reach the heart of good minded people."
Which is probably the creepiest thing you're going to read today.
Now for the fun part!
Things you'd expect to find on the Pope's playlist:
- Blondie - 'Maria'
- Blind Willie McTell - 'God Don't Like It'
Things that probably wouldn't make the cut:
- Dead Kennedys - 'Religious Vomit'
- Hefner- 'Christian Girls'