- Liars »
Liars are to finally return to the fray with a new album in 2010, releasing Sisterworld early next year through Mute, their first record since 2007's self-titled album.
The album is their fifth studio record in total and is said to be inspired by the city of Los Angeles, taking influence from "fringe characters lured to LA and the resulting subcultures and the alternate spaces that they generate". Which sounds compelling, if nothing at all.
Says the press release:
"Sisterworld is Liars’ own space, completely devoid of influence, somewhere remote from the false promises and discarded dreams amassed in LA. In it Liars explore the underground support systems created to deal with loss of self to society."
The record was recorded, aptly enough, in LA, with Tom Biller, who has worked on the recent indie-star-collaboration of Where The Wild Things Are, as well as a few other noteworthy pieces. It's the band's first US-recorded album since 2004, if you were interested.
Helpfully enough they've got their own website for the release, which you can access by clicking here. At present, it seems to be nothing more than ambient noises. Give it time, I think. Oh...no, there's some video, too. You're going to have to stay tuned for this...
Say the band of the new record:
“We're interested in the alternate spaces people create in order to maintain identity in a city like LA. Environments where outcasts and loners celebrate a skewered relationship to society”.
Exciting times indeed!
- Ed Harcourt, Liars, Ghosting Season, Eight and a Half, Luke Abbott's LPs of 2012
- Epic Win: 12 Days of DiSmas Giveaways!
- Drowned in Sound's Favourite Albums of 2012: 5-1
- DiS Staff: #1 Albums of 2012
- 50 Musicians To Follow On Instagram
- This Week's Singles 15.10.12: Anna Meredith, Susanne Sundfør, Liars, Hooded Fang
- Mixtape Monday: The AIM Independent Music Awards 2012 - 50-song Spotify Playlist
- September 2012: Editor's 10 Favourite Streams + Spotify playlist