Some of you may have heard of The Ice Cream man, though the chances are that you haven't. Which is fortunate, because this whole series we're running will be the perfect opportunity for you to acquaint yourself with this unconventional figure of a man.
The premise of Ice Cream Man's Road Trip was quite simple: he'd head around the United States of America this Summer just passed, taking in whatever music festivals he could, (Bonnaroo, ATP NY, Pitchfork etc.) giving away free ice cream (charitable!) as well as being a kind and gentlemanly fellow about it all.
That's exactly what he did. He also thought it'd be a good idea to film it, and why not? Over the course of the summer and his road trip he took in 15 music festivals, distributed 200,000 or so free ice creams and messed around with 60 of the hottest AND hippest bands on the way, each condensed into an episode, playing live, talking or jus' hanging out.
The shows have been streaming on Babelgum, but we thought we'd run the best of them here this week. We've already run Part I, and this is, logicially, Part II.
We've fired him over some questions too, so we'll let you know what his favourite ice cream actually is as soon as he tells us. In the meantime click below for the four videos, featuring Vivian Girls, Jay Reatard, Chairlift and more!
Deradoorian and Icy Demons
The Thermals and Vivian Girls
White Rabbits and Chairlift
Stay tuuuuuuuuned for more Ice Cream Man related fun in the next few days.
- Polyvinyl celebrate 15th anniversary with free 30-track sampler
- Spotifriday #102 featuring WHY?, Toddla T, Jens Lekman + more
- In Photos: Vivian Girls @ XOYO, London
- Spotifriday #101 featuring DOOM, Vivian Girls, Mogwai + more
- Watch: Vivian Girls - 'Take It As It Comes'
- Spotifriday #86 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Deerhunter, Kate Nash, PJ Harvey
- Vivian Girls - Share the Joy
- Vivian Girls to tour the UK in July