- Vampire Weekend »
Vampire Weekend have 'released' the first song off their forthcoming "sophomore" record (come on! It's college rock!) Contra, which had a ridiculous, confusing, but actually quite aesthetically pleasing viral campaign last month. It nearly fooled us all into thinking that it may have been something it wasn't, for example, a campaign for clothing.
The new track is called 'Horchata', which means...something, but we're not quite sure exactly what. Our research has led us to believe that is is, in fact:
"The name for several kinds of traditional beverages, made of ground almonds, sesame seeds, rice, barley or tigernuts (chufas)."
Alternatively, just listen to it here, we've got an embed code after all!
Contra will be released through XL on January 11 in the UK and the following day in the US.
Naturally, they'll be touring in the run-up to the album, and probably after, and here are the dates they'll be playing, including a couple of European dates.
6 - Montreal, Quebec - Le National
8 - Toronto, Ontario - Horseshoe Tavern
15 - London, England - King's College
22 - Paris, France - Nouveau Casino
2 - Long Beach, CA - The Art Theater
5 - Pioneertown, CA - Pappy and Harriet's
7 - Lafayette, CA - Town Hall Theatre
8 - Santa Cruz, CA - Catalyst
9 - Visalia, CA - The Cellar Door
10 - San Luis Obispo, CA - Downtown Brew
12 - Bakersfield, CA - Chencho's
14 - Lomita, CA - VFW Hall
17 - Tokyo, Japan - Tokyo Unit
21 - Sydney, Australia - Oxford Art Factory
- DiS Does Singles 25.03.13: Peace, Vampire Weekend, Department M, Savages
- Drowned in Brighton #7
- Latitude (Sunday): The DiS Review
- Vampire Weekend: Coming to the UK in November
- In Photos: Orange Rockcorps @ Manchester Apollo
- Latitude 2010: all you need to know, definitely, definitely
- In Photos: BBC Big Weekend @ Vanyol Estate, Bangor
- Belle & Sebastian, The National, Grizzly Bear for Latitude 2010