- Morrissey »
Moz (full name Steven Patrick Morrissey) has pulled out of more UK tour shows due to an ongoing illness. Yesterday (May 11) the former Smiths frontman had to cancel a show at the Royal Albert Hall due to an as yet unnamed ailment.
Morrissey was due to play Birmingham's Symphony Hall tomorrow (May 13) and appear on Later...Live with Jools Holland tonight, but the illness appears to have continued, leaving him with no option but to cancel both.
Doctors have advised him to rest “to ensure a complete recuperation”, a statement said. Event organisers are working to reschedule the cancelled shows and advise ticket holders to keep hold of their tickets.
The UK tour is set to continue well into May. The dates which are so far still on the tour are below.
May 15 Great Yarmouth - Britannia Pier
May 16 Cambridge - Corn Exchange
May 19 Hull - Arena
May 20 Hartlepool - Borough Hall
May 22 Manchester - Apollo
May 23 Manchester - Apollo
May 25 Salisbury - City Hall
May 26 London - Mile End Troxy Ballroom
May 28 London - Brixton 02 Academy
May 29 London - Brixton 02 Academy
May 30 London - Brixton 02 Academy
Here's SPM on LWJH from earlier this year. Only he isn't "doing very well" at the moment. Get well soon, Moz.
- In Photos: Morrissey @ MEN Arena, Manchester
- In Photos: Hop Farm Festival 2011 @ Hop Farm Country Park, Kent
- Spotifriday #23 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Morrissey - Swords
- Depeche Mode's Gahan recovers from tumour removal, Morrissey cancels more shows
- Morrissey cancels more shows due to illness
- Stuart Murdoch: Likes Murray, but won't meet Morrissey in probably "not that nice" shocker
- Still Ill: Morrissey cancels more shows