London label, promoters and ‘blog runners No Pain In Pop are releasing a new compilation featuring tracks from HEALTH, Telepathe and Abe Vigoda, among others.
The release, titled simply No Pain In Pop, is described as “an archive of the last 12 months in painful, post-generic pop music” and is out on Monday (April 6th).
You can find a full tracklist below. To celebrate the comp’s release, NPIP are throwing an all-ages party tomorrow night at a warehouse on Fieldgate Street, E1, two minutes walk from Whitechapel and Aldgate East tubes (map).
Live music comes from Banjo or Freakout, Trailer Trash Tracys and A Grave With No Name, while Vitamin Club, Split Tapes, Fucking in the Streets and Off Modern will be manning the decks.
That tracklist, then:
Sunni-Geini – ‘An Accidental Suicide Bombing’
Telepathe – ‘Chrome’s On It’
Trailer Trash Tracys – ‘Strangling Good Guys’
Banjo or Freakout – ‘Mr No’
Abe Vigoda – ‘Dead City/Waste Wilderness’
A Grave With No Name – ‘And We Parted Ways At Mt Jade’
Ponytail – ‘Beg Waves’
Gentle Friendly – ‘Ride Symbols’
Nite Jewel – ‘Weak 4 Me’
PENS – ‘Networking’
HEALTH – ‘Crimewave’
- SAVAGE PIXELS #11: A Potted History of Max Payne
- Listen: HEALTH remix Crystal Castles (again!) + new video
- 2011 In Photos + WIN a Lomography camera
- In Photos: End Of The Road Festival 2011 @ Larmer Tree Gardens, Dorset
- Watch: Blondes 'Hater' and 'Lover'
- End Of The Road announces new batch of bands inc. Mogwai
- My Top 10 live shows of 2010 by Dom Gourlay
- In The City: The DiS review - Part 2 by Dom Gourlay