After seven days of voting here's what's currently in the top 15.
Last week, we announced our partnership with Rough Trade to launch the People's Voice Prize. The idea is a simple one: Rough Trade Shops staff have picked their top 50 albums of the year (their chart can be found here) and they've opened up the list to a public vote to find out what DrownedinSound users and independent music fans who frequent their stores feel is the pick of the 50.
After one week of voting, here's what's in the top 15, listed in alphabetical order:
- Atlas Sound Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel
- Bon Iver For Emma, Forever Ago
- Crystal Castles Crystal Castles
- The Dodos Visiter
- Fleet Foxes Fleet Foxes
- Foals Antidotes
- Friendly Fires Friendly Fires
- Fuck Buttons Street Horrrsing
- Kings of Leon Only By Night
- The Last Shadow Puppets The Age Of The Understatement
- MGMT Oracular Spectacular
- Of Montreal Skeletal Lamping
- Portishead Third
- TV On The Radio Dear Science
- Vampire Weekend Vampire Weekend
Not voted yet and your favourite nowhere near the top of the list? Visit drownedinsound.com/rt50 to vote and for your chance to win all of Rough Trade's top 50 albums of the year. And if you feel your favourite band is being robbed, do your bit and grab one of our special buttons from here for your website or blog.
The winning album will be announced on December 17th and the winning band will receive £1000 worth of Rough Trade shops vouchers.
DiScuss: who do you guess will be in the top three? Who do you hope is winning? Who's been robbed? Is democracy flawed?