Nu-mental: Linkin Park stalker jailed for two years
- Linkin Park »
A woman who stalked Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington and his wife has been jailed for two years.
Devon Townsend used her position at the US national security laboratory to obtain personal data on the howler, which allowed her to hack into personal voicemails and emails.
Townsend also phoned Bennington’s spouse Talinda at the couple’s home in California, calling her a “whore!” before hanging up. When police seized the fanatic’s hard drive they found thousands of the Linkin Park man's personal emails and over 700 personal photographs.
Now Townsend faces two years in an Arizonan prison, where she will receive mental health treatment.
“"I don't go out and pick fights," Bennington told Wired.
"But when you find out some total stranger has personal pictures of your kids in the bath, has phone numbers of your parents and close friends and every business associate, listens to every voicemail you've had for the last year, intercepts every email you've written or received ... it fuels my desire to make sure this kind of action is viewed as criminal."
DiScuss: if you were to stalk anyone, who would it be?
Got news? Email us at email@example.com
- In Photos: Sonisphere 2009
- Win! A pair of weekend camping tickets for Sonisphere! Plus a free download EP!
- Chart round-up: 'bed-wetters' dominate, home and abroad
- Nu-mental: Linkin Park stalker jailed for two years
- Year of the Gig: live music matures in Shanghai in 2007
- Berk: Linkin Park targets collaborations with Horrors and more
- Linkin Park announce 2008 UK dates
- Download update: further bands confirmed for rock fest