Love: 'Grohl hit on me...Kurt hated him'
The world's longest running conflict plumbed new depths today, as Courtney Love took a damaging potshot at nemesis Dave Grohl.
The bile comes in the wake of lyrics penned by Grohl on Echoes Silence Patience and Grace, the misleadingly titled last Foo Fighters record.
From Let It Die: "A simple man and his blushing bride/Intravenous, intertwined... You're so considerate/Did you ever think of me?".
Obvious conclusions reached, Love hit back today in this broadside delivered via her MySpace blog:
"As for that drummer, well he's hit on me so many times. He's just a very very conflicted guy about me, which is why he continually writes songs about me to hear he 'hates' me more than 'anyone else'."
"Kurt loathed HIM more than anyone else (except a journalist). In his will he made a codicil that Grohl was no longer a member of Nirvana. I just ignored the guy and will continue to."
"Dave knows this, and he takes it out on me! Hey, it wasn't MY band and it wasn't MY idea! It's funny he 'hates' me since I don't think about him."
"He's just sub-mediocre kind of [guy] who does this 'nice guy' nonsense. There isn't a word he could he say that would ruffle my feathers, honestly. ANYWAY what a fun, fabulous, special evening!"
Grohl admitted that the lyrics were about the couple in an interview conducted last month: "There are a lot of people that I have been angry with in my life, but the one that's most noted in Courtney. So it's pretty obvious to me that those correlations are going to pop up every now and again.
"I still remain a little secretive about it all."
Keep it hush hush.
- Time to put the dog down? Why I'm going to miss HMV...
- Planet Gear: Butch Vig on recording The Emperor’s of Wyoming's debut album
- The DiS Community's... 101 Favourite Albums
- The Cribs: Six Steve Albini Produced Albums
- Listen: Male Bonding cover Nirvana's 'Aneurysm'
- An Album of the Year 2000 - 11yrson: At the Drive-In Relationship of Command
- Nirvana - Nevermind (20th Anniversary Remastered Edition)
- Spotifriday #110 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Bauhaus, Twin Sister, Wilco