UPDATE: Radiohead LP to be released tomorrow? No.
- Radiohead »
By clicking on the rather Ronseal-esque website URL of http://www.radioheadlp7.com, wet-panted Radiohead fans like DiS will be further crotch-moist at the sight of a (at the time of writing) Jack Bauer style countdown with only 17 hours on the clock.
But beware - a Radiohead spokesman has announced that the site is "a hoax" that has "nothing to do with Radiohead". Furthermore, some are suggesting that it's been built with the intention of getting fans to divulge passwords.
It was thought that the countdown might've been anticipating the release of a new album and that Saturday morning (29th September) would see the posting of full details of their much-anticipated seventh record.
Still, it's not that surpising really, as seasoned Radiohead fan and veteran poster 'TrueLoveWaits24' noted on the www.arpeggi.net website;
"Whilst everyone's really excited, this is clearly NOT something rhead would do; while they like to promote things and build anticipation - they wouldn't have chosen such a grandstanding nebby URL or cliched countdown format. Firstly, I'd expect them to have chosen a better web address - something completely useless and unrelated to anything before, and definitely not such an obvious thing as 'radioheadlp7'. Secondly it probably would only have been accessible via a hidden link on their website. Thirdly, I would have probably seen it first, due to my complicated meta-scan technology I have covering all rhead websites."
Still, I'll be at Tescos tomorrow. Just in case.
- Reich, Radiohead and the Pop-Classical Rift: Steve Reich's Radio Rewrite
- Radiohead, Caribou at The O2 Arena, London, Tue 09 Oct
- The DiS Community's... 101 Favourite Albums
- Weekend Listening: LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead, Tom Waits, New Look, Cat Power + more!
- Half-Year: DiS' Most Read Articles, Reviews and Threads of 2012 (so far!)
- No Surprises? 15 Classic Albums of 15 Years Ago
- In Photos: Radiohead @ The Frank Erwin Centre, Austin TX
- Radiohead reveal UK arena gigs for October 2012