Peanut loves... Photography
- Kaiser Chiefs »
As part of our Kaiser Chiefs takeover week we asked each band member to tell us about something they love. We kick things off with their pork-pie hat wearing keyboard player Peanut sharing his love of photography and a selection of his shots.
Within the first 6 months of 2005 we had been to the states 3 or 4 times, over to Japan and done a trip around the world in 12 days. There were a lot of photo opportunities and I duly obliged with documenting them. I continued doing this for a few years and my love of photography grew, getting better at it and capturing behind the scenes moments that you don't see in magazines etc.
Around the beginning of 2007 though, I got into film cameras and that changed the way I shot. I now own a Rolleiflex 3.5F, a Leica M6 and a Mamiya 645, amongst other toy fisheye/plastic cameras. People seem to like the photographs and there is a timeless character to film that digital will never equal. Without sounding too Werther's Original - there are photos I have now that I know will be looked upon fondly in many years time. We even decided to use some of the black and white shots I'd done for the album booklet. As you only get 12, 24 or 36 exposures per roll, it makes each shot more precious and each print more special.
All pictures taken by peanut.
Tomorrow Ricky Wilson loves... Radio.
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2012 - Day 1 @ Bramham Park, Leeds
- In Photos: Kaiser Chiefs @ Lincoln Engine Shed
- In Photos: XFM Winter Wonderland @ Brixton Academy
- In Photos: Kaiser Chiefs @ The Forum, London
- In Photos: V Festival 2011 @ Weston Park, Staffordshire
- V Festival 2011: A DiS preview...
- In Photos: Hard Rock Calling 2011 @ Hyde Park, London
- In Photos: Kaiser Chiefs @ Princess Pavilion, Falmouth