- Nirvana »
limited deluxe dvd and cd version. ranked number 1 in kerrang magazine's '100 gigs that shook the world' and voted as nirvana's number 1 greatest moment by fans in an nme poll, nirvana's historic august 30, 1992 headlining appearance at the uk's reading festival is one of the most bootlegged concerts in the annals of rock 'n' roll. now, fans will have an opportunity to own a pristine copy of that entire performance with audio sourced from the original multi-track masters. while the show's centerpiece was a performance of nearly the entire 'nevermind' tracklist, also noteworthy were early performances of three as yet unrecorded songs which wouldn't be released until 2 years later on 'in utero': 'all apologies,' 'dumb,' and in its first ever public performance, 'tourette's.'
the career-spanning setlist also reached back to the band's 1989 sub pop debut album, 'bleach', for 'blew,' 'about a girl,' 'school,' 'negative creep' and first single 'love buzz,' and even further back to the mid-'80s for 'spank thru.' other songs from the reading set would appear in studio form on the incesticide compilation later in the year: 'aneurysm,' 'been a son' and 'sliver.' additionally, the band played a pair of beloved covers by two bands that helped shape the formative nirvana sound - 'the money will roll right in' by fang and 'd-7' by the wipers.
description from www.roughtrade.com
- Time to put the dog down? Why I'm going to miss HMV...
- Planet Gear: Butch Vig on recording The Emperor’s of Wyoming's debut album
- The DiS Community's... 101 Favourite Albums
- The Cribs: Six Steve Albini Produced Albums
- Listen: Male Bonding cover Nirvana's 'Aneurysm'
- An Album of the Year 2000 - 11yrson: At the Drive-In Relationship of Command
- Nirvana - Nevermind (20th Anniversary Remastered Edition)
- Spotifriday #110 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Bauhaus, Twin Sister, Wilco