DON'T send in the clowns: Bestival cancels fancy dress event
- Rob da Bank »
There will be no clown-themed fancy dress event at this year's Bestival, to be held in September on the Isle of Wight, as organisers have received numerous requests for them not to hold it.
Said requests came from a group - a particularly large group by all accounts - of coulrophobics. Yup, them what's afraid of clowns. Rob da Bank, he who helps organise the three-day festival, told the BBC:
"We have had so many people with clown phobias contact us, I am worried everyone might end up hiding in the woods."
Bestival runs from the 8th 'til the 10th of September, more information at this website. See me, I was never scared of Klowns 'til I saw these scary fuckers, pictured, at ATP. Now, my Happy Meals are anything but...
- Future Everything 2011: The DiS review
- Future Everything 2011 Preview
- In Photos: Bestival 2010 @ Robin Hill Country Park, Isle of Wight
- "Tumultuous times": Rob Da Bank talks to DiS about the future of festivals
- Rob da Bank on this year's Bestival
- Festival Preview: Bestival 2006
- DON'T send in the clowns: Bestival cancels fancy dress event
- DiS at The Great Escape 2006