Gig Stuff: Stripes outta Reading + thisGIRL and Longview news
In a statement released today, Jack says: "A bone in the index finger of my fretting hand was shattered in an automobile accident, making it absolutely impossible to play guitar, especially since I've been instructed by doctor's that there is no way I can move my wrist until it is completely healed. The break did not heal properly, and surgery had to be performed. Three screws were placed in my finger to set the bones and insure complete recovery, three screws that will remain in my hand for life. I have provided a link on the white stripes website www.whitestripes.com to a film of the surgery on my finger for those admirers of the band with tickets to cancelled shows to better understand the complexity of the situation." Ew!
There was a lot more bletherin' too, which in short translates as "we are sorry."
In other gigs a-happenin', a Music Industry Source informs us that thisGIRL look likely to be the tour support for Biffy Clyro in September. And Elbow will have Longview on the road with them. Lucky them, eh?
And in other news, bands rumoured NOT to be replacing the White Stripes at Reading/Leeds include: UB40, Craig David, Antihero, The Rezillos, These Animal Men, U2 and Carter USM.
- Spotifriday #77 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- The White Stripes announce split
- Spotifriday #54 - This Week On DiS as a playlist
- Watch: Jack White covers The Beatles at The White House
- Laura Marling to release single on Jack White's label
- eMusic reveal their picks of 2010 so far
- Drowned in March 2010: a Spotify playlist
- Spotifriday #38 - This Week on DiS as a playlist