Earlier this month we picked up on the news that Stars of the Lid's Adam Wiltzie and Dustin O'Halloran had formed a group together, entitled A Winged Victory For The Sullen. It was also revealed that they would be releasing a record in September through Kranky and Erased Tapes. The record is brilliant, by the way. Yet, you won't have to )(completely) take our word for it, as there's now a stream of one of the tracks. It's for 'A Steep Hill of Vicodin Tears' and can be streamed below.
It, like the remainder of the album, is a slow-moving, delicately played piece which revels in subaqua stillness. It might choke you up a bit, truth be told. The duo's self-titled debut record is released on September 12, by the way.
- September 2012: Editor's 10 Favourite Streams + Spotify playlist
- Watch: A Winged Victory For The Sullen 'Requiem For The Static King Part One'
- DiS' 5 Must-See Acts at The Great Escape 2012 + Spotify playlist
- DiS Festival News Round-Up: Part One
- The DiS Digest: January 2012's Must Hears
- Brighton's brilliant Great Escape Festival announces first batch of names for 2012
- Gig of the Month: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ Cecil Sharp House
- Artist Lists: Antlers, Cut Copy, Destroyer, Aidan Moffat + more share their Five Favourite LPs of '1