Two greats of music in general, composer Dustin O'Halloran and Stars of the Lid member Adam Wiltzie have put their heads together and formed a new group, called A Winged Victory For The Sullen. Some could call it a supergroup, and you wouldn't actually be far off in that description.
Regardless of just how good a group it is, their album has now got a UK release date after getting an international and US release date earlier last month. Their record is self-titled and will come out through the ever reliable Erased Tapes on September 12. Tracklisting and artwork both below:
- We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
- Requiem for the Static King Part One
- Requiem for the Static King Part Two
- Minuet for a Cheap Piano Number Two
- Steep Hills of Vicodin Tears 6 A Symphony Pathetique
- All Farewells Are Sudden
Check out the title for song one. Is it a joke?!
- September 2012: Editor's 10 Favourite Streams + Spotify playlist
- Watch: A Winged Victory For The Sullen 'Requiem For The Static King Part One'
- DiS' 5 Must-See Acts at The Great Escape 2012 + Spotify playlist
- DiS Festival News Round-Up: Part One
- The DiS Digest: January 2012's Must Hears
- Brighton's brilliant Great Escape Festival announces first batch of names for 2012
- Gig of the Month: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ Cecil Sharp House
- Artist Lists: Antlers, Cut Copy, Destroyer, Aidan Moffat + more share their Five Favourite LPs of '1