Two greats of music in general, composer Dustin O'Halloran and Stars of the Lid member Adam Wiltzie have put their heads together and formed a new group, called A Winged Victory For The Sullen. Some could call it a supergroup, and you wouldn't actually be far off in that description.
Regardless of just how good a group it is, their album has now got a UK release date after getting an international and US release date earlier last month. Their record is self-titled and will come out through the ever reliable Erased Tapes on September 12. Tracklisting and artwork both below:
- We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
- Requiem for the Static King Part One
- Requiem for the Static King Part Two
- Minuet for a Cheap Piano Number Two
- Steep Hills of Vicodin Tears 6 A Symphony Pathetique
- All Farewells Are Sudden
Check out the title for song one. Is it a joke?!