- Marissa Nadler »
Here is the first showing of the new video from the quite wonderful and brilliant Marissa Nadler. It's for 'Baby, I Will Leave You In The Morning'. Funnily enough, it's only the second time that she's actually appeared in any of her videos, so, y'know, savour this moment. The video was produced by Marissa herself and Guy Benoit, who also directed it, on location at The Grand Manor in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. I don't know about you, but "loneliness" is the one feeling that pops into my head and heart.
Watch it below:
Below are a few words from the stylist for the video, Courtney Brooke Hall. Read more of them on her official website here.
"Marissa was so kind to ask me to come along and style her video for her and do her makeup. I was so honored, and of course I said yes, she is so sweet and I had so much fun spending the day and working with her last time. I truly do love this woman!
I brought with me about a dozen dresses that fit the description on the shoot, and all sorts of odds and ends. Most of the shots ended up being in one amazing old wedding gown I have had for ages, it's this amazing sheer flowing gown with a great empire cut, the sleeves have long since vanished from it and I have had to re-sew the edges a number of times now, but it still has some life and not only did Marissa look damn sexy in it, she loved it too.
We also got to use a dress that's currently for sale in my Light Witch store. I brought it on a whim, and the train on it just worked. I am so excited to see the finished video. I will let you all know when it's finished and ready for your peepers to peep it. For now though I have some shots I took whilst lingering in the background."
- Marissa Nadler - Marissa Nadler
- Spotifriday #90 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Björk, Fair Ohs, Spoon + more
- Watch: Marissa Nadler - 'Baby, I Will Leave You In The Morning'
- ATP Godspeed You! Black Emperor: the DiS review
- Help Marissa Nadler record her new album and receive nice things
- Gett OFF to Poland: a festival preview
- Win: trip to La Route Du Rock to see MBV, Horrors, Deerhunter, Grizzly Bear & more
- Rossi, Banhart and Nadler contribute to benefit compilation