Having released easily my favourite EP of last year (Touched via Merok) and an incredible Health remix, Brooklyn based DiS-tipped duo Blondes return with a new single and, as is the way of the modern world, some videos to go with the the tracks.
The hypnotic 'Lover' is backed by the equally dreamy-droney track 'Hater', on this 12" release, which has slipped out already via the Rvng Intl. label and can be picked up from Boomkat for £10.99 (!).
I could blab on and on, and ponder whether 'synthwave' is a real genre or if this is future-disco or drone-tronica and ask which of these you guess will end up on my songs of the year mix but you can just watch the vids and I'll piss off...
If you missed the Blondes Touched EP, go have a listen on Spotify now or amongst the tracks on this Soundcloud player below:
- 2012's Most Read: Threads, Reviews and More...
- Drowned in Sound's Favourite Albums of 2012: 5-1
- Weekend Listening: Biffy Clyro, Halls, Grizzly Bear, Blondes, Perfume Genius covers Madonna
- In Photos: Lovebox Festival 2012 @ Victoria Park, London
- Half-Year, Half Dozen: Six Recommended Debut Albums
- 101 Minutes of Bliss #1: A DiS YouTube Playlist
- In Photos: DiS Presents Blondes @ Soup Kitchen, Manchester
- SXSW 2012 - The DiS Review