Let's get this straight. We probably wouldn't be writing about these awards if we didn't win something. But we did. So we are. That doesn't mean that all the winners aren't deserved, and hardworking individuals and organisations. Anyway, the annual music industry bash Record Of The Day awards took place last and most of those present were feeling worse for wear this morning. I know I am, although that's nothing to do with any award ceremony, more staying up to watch the cricket.
Anyway, the news we're happy to announce or confirm, repeat or whatever is that we scooped the prize for Best Publication, which is nice.
Full list of winners below:
- Student writer - Kate Allen, Reading University
- Best Publication - Drowned in Sound
- Best Writer (voted by students) - Peter Robinson
- Best Blog - My Band's Better Than Your Band
- Best PR Campaign for a Breakthrough Act - Tinie Tempah (Janet Choudry, EMI Artist Publicity)
- Live Reviews: Writer of the Year - Simon Price, The Independent on Sunday
- Best PR Campaign for an Established Act - Plan B (Ruth and Beth Drake, Toast Press)
- Record Reviews: Writer of the Year - Alexis Petridis, The Guardian
- Best Music Coverage in a Newspaper - The Guardian 'Film & Music'
- Digital Publication of the Year - NME.com
- Best In-House PR Person - Janet Choudry, EMI Artist Publicity
- Best In-House PR Department - EMI Artist Publicity
- Best In-House Online PR - Stuart Freeman, EMI Artist Publicity
- Breaking Music: Writer of the Year - Peter Robinson, Popjustice
- Feature of the Year - Caitlin Moran for 'Lady Gaga' in The Times
- PR Reputation Management - Cheryl Cole (Sundraj Sreenivasan, Supersonic)
- Best Independent PR Person - Nikki Wright-McNeill, Global
- Best Independent PR Company - Dawbell
- Best Online PR Company - Anorak
- Best Reissue PR Campaign - Rolling Stones ‘Exile on Main St’ (Kate Etteridge, LD Communications)
- Editor of the Year - Krissi Murison, NME
- Magazine of the Year - NME
There was also the presentation of three "Outstanding Contribution" music awards, they are also listed below:
- Outstanding Contribution to Music Journalism Award - Charles Shaar Murray
- Outstanding Contribution to PR Award - Terri Hall
- Outstanding Contribution to Music Photography Award - Mick Rock
Here's what our award looked like, in case you were curious. No idea why you would be, mind...
Once again congratulations to all involved. See you next year?