Sensational indie-pop four-piece The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart's 2009 debut record was truly a thing of brilliance. Blown away. Since its release we (and many others) have been excited AS HELL about any new material from them, including their upcoming second LP.
Before that, however, there's a new single, entitled 'Say No To Love', which was 'premiered' by our peers who run Pitchfork last week. What we have for you, however, is the 'premiere' of the B-side to the single, called 'Lost Saint'. Oh yes. Exciting times. It comes out in June, though we're not sure exactly when.
Listen to 'Lost Saint' below:
Kip Berman says of the main single that:
“The song is about rejecting hyper-serious adolescent romance that imprisons you and inhibits your ability to become the person you want to be and do the things you want to do. It's about a girl telling an emo boy to go grow a pair.”
Or MTFU, as it is known around these parts. On the B-side he said it's about "growing up, going to Catholic School and insubordination." Something I hope we all can relate to. Eh?
Pretty neat, huh? The band also play these dates in the UK and Europe. Check. Them. Out.
18/7 - Suffolk, Latitude Festival
23/7 - Spain, Contempopranea Festival
24/7 - Spain, San Sebastian Festival
25/7 - Derbyshire, Indietracks Festival
28/7 - Brighton, Concorde 2
29/7 - London, Heaven
31/7 - Stirling, U18s Festival
- This Week's Singles 29.10.12: Mac DeMarco, Two Fingers, Colorama, Bat For Lashes
- Fifteen years of fun: DiS meets Sean Price, founder of Fortuna Pop! Records
- Øya 2011, Norway - The DiS review Part II
- Listen: The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - 'Tomorrow Dies Today'
- In Photos: DiS Presents - The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart @ Queens Social Club, Sheffield
- The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart, Fanzine at Birmingham HMV Institute, , Tue 14 Jun
- Spotifriday #85 - This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Emeralds, Factory Floor, Destroyer + more
- The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Belong