Long-forgotten Southsea five-piece The Strange Death of Liberal England return this month with a new digital-only single and tour - as special guests of Editors alongside Cold Cave - to coincide. They haven't been inactive all this time though, having spent the last year or so completing their as-yet untitled debut full-length album with Cure producer David Allen.
The single, entitled 'Flagships', is out today (Monday 8th March) via Republic of Music, and can be downloaded HERE.
Those tour dates in full are as follows, with a headline date at London's Wilmington Arms inbetween...
8 - Bradford St. George's Hall %
10 - Glasgow Academy %
11 - Dundee Fat Sams %
12 - Inverness Ironworks %
13 - Aberdeen Music Hall %
15 - Newcastle Academy %
16 - Manchester Apollo %
17 - Cambridge Corn Exchange %
19 - Bournemouth Academy %
20 - Brighton Dome %
21 - Cardiff University %
23 - Folkstone Leas Cliff Hall %
24 - Brixton Academy %
25 - London The Wilmington Arms
28 - Portsmouth Guildhall %
29 - Liverpool Philharmonic Hall %
30 - Birmingham Academy %
% = (w/Editors)
In the meantime, here's a video of the excellent 'September Sparrows' shot in April of last year.
- Watch: The Strange Death Of Liberal England's new video + treasure hunt details
- The Strange Death of Liberal England - Drown Your Heart Again
- This Week's Singles: 1/11/10
- The Strange Death Of Liberal England: Single, album, even bigger tour...
- The Strange Death Of Liberal England album release date confirmed, more shows...
- The Strange Death Of Liberal England release single, hit the road
- Primavera Sound: DiS' 2008 festival highlights
- Hungry? This Ain't No Picnic menu swells