Masters of dynamics and general fans of noise Mogwai have launched their first EVER podcast, under the banner of the Rock Action record label, home to a chunk of great acts. Wanting to give it a stamp of individuality, they've decided to call it a 'Mogcast' which, if not the snappiest, makes sense.
Like most podcasts, it mixes music with chat. That's pretty fucking essential. The music it features, though, is of the highest grade. As you can see from the tracklisting, it features an Errors track from their new Long Player, Come Down With Me.
Here's what hey have to say about it:
Here is the first of the new monthly Mogwai Rock Action podcast. I’m joined by Steev from Errors who tells us about breaking into his old school to pee in the headmasters office and other fascinating tales.
We also play songs from the new Mogwai live album and the new Errors album as well as lots of records by other people who aren’t us. I hope you enjoy it and please get in touch and let us know what you make of it. Either drop a message into the comments box or email us at:
Say no more than that.
- David Bowie – Speed Of Life
- Silver Apples – You and I
- Burial and Four Tet – Moth
- Fuck Buttons – Olympians
- Errors – Supertribe
- Errors – Beat the Bookies
- Nas and J Dilla – Made You Look
- These New Puritans – Three Thousand
- Veronica Falls – Starry Eyes
- Kurt Vile – Freak Train
- Wooden Shjips – Shrinking Moon For You
- Tangerine Dream – Cloudburst Flight
- Blind Willie Johnson – Dark Was The Night Cold Was The Ground
- Mogwai – I Love You, I’m Going To Blow Up You School