Piano Maestro Chilly Gonzales is a tough bastard. You may remember this from an incident earlier in the year, when he challenged the slightly unstable Andrew W.K to a piano duel. He followed this up with his successful Piano chat show, which he brought to London's Pigalle Club, and which included a duet with Sir Jarvis of Cockerville.
This time, however, he's set his sights a bit higher - as far as ivory tinklers are concerned, anyway. He's challenged professional boogie-woogie presenter man Jools Holland to a duel. To the death. OK, maybe not to the death, that's just wishful thinking.
It's for another one of his shows, this time at the Bloomsbury Ballroom in London, on April 8. Will Jools take up the challenge? He'd be a coward not to. Also, how much does Gonzalez look like Will Self in that video? Next up? Regina Spektor?
- Album Stream: Chilly Gonzales' Solo Piano II + watch him giving DiS a Piano lesson
- 101 Minutes of Bliss #2: A DiS YouTube Playlist
- DiS' 15 Must-See Bands at Latitude 2012: 6-1: Gonzales, Chairlift, I Break Horses, Bat for Lashes, M
- Melt! 2011, Germany - The DiS Review
- Watch: Gonzales orchestral rap album medley
- Gonzales at Borderline, London, South East England, Sun 06 Feb
- Listen: DiS' woozy, ebbing... Celebration of Curation Cloudcast
- Gonzales starts work on chess movie starring Peaches, Feist