Whilst a large percentage of this country is experiencing conditions which are certainly more familiar to our Nordic cousins, I'd argued that now is the perfect time to bring the good news to you folk. That, and I've just finished watching an episode of Wallander.
The news is that Drowned in Sound (that's us!) have teamed up with Ja Ja Ja Music in curating a Nordic night, in asssociation with the Norwegian and Icelandic music export embassies. In London. At The Lexington which, as far as I'm concerned, has the best PA in the capital - and about a million varieties of whisk(e)y to boot.
The line-up, which has been hand-picked by our esteemed Editor, Sean Adams, is as follows (click the band name for their MySpace):
Here's the pinky-bluey beautifully designed banner for it, too.
Follow Ja Ja Ja Nordic on Twitter for more updates about their monthly club night.
See you there then? I'll bring the snus.
- Reykjavík 101 + Five hot bands from the land of ice
- In Photos: Iceland Music Mess Festival, Reykjavik, Iceland
- Listen: A Nordic-themed Spotify playlist from Ja Ja Ja
- In Photos: DiS Curated Ja Ja Ja Music Event @ The Lexington, London
- The View From The North: Ten Nordic Releases from 2009
- Win! Tickets to Ja Ja Ja's Nordic Night curated by us!
- Hej Hej! DiS goes Nordic for a night with Ja Ja Ja!
- Win a Trip to Iceland + DiS presents a Nordic night!