- Yeasayer »
What happened to that band of beardy-weirdy new-prog rockers that were threatening to take over the world around the back-end of 2007 and early 2008? Well, around two years since the release of All Hour Cymbals Yeasayer have just announced a whole host of details of their new record.
Their second LP will be called Odd Blood and will be released on February 8 2010, on their new label, Mute, or on Secretly Canadian in North America. Recording and production of the album was split over the locations of Woodstock, NY and New York City.
The tracklisting for the album is as follows:
- The Children
- Ambling Alp
- Madder Red
- I Remember
- Love Me Girl
- Strange Reunions
That's about all we know of it. The music - we have no idea but, if it's anywhere along the lines of All Hour Cymbals then it's bound to have some pretty bold, brave and big moments in it, right? Or maybe even a change of direction?
Also, if you happen to be a resident - however briefly - of New York City, you'd be advised to get yourself along to see the band headlining the Guggenheim Museum which will see, we are told, more news about the album, as well as a barnstorming performance, naturally. That all takes place on October 30.
Not sure how to pronounce 'Yeasayer'? Just follow Jools Holland's easy guide!
- Sharon Van Etten, SVIIB, Yeasayer, Frightened Rabbit + FOE's LPs of 2012
- This Week's Singles 26.11.12: Hot Chip, Yeasayer, Ossie, IO Echo, Divine Fits
- Mixtape Monday: The AIM Independent Music Awards 2012 - 50-song Spotify Playlist
- Yeasayer - Fragrant World
- Edwyn Collins, and Mute Records boss Daniel Miller to be honoured at AIM Independent Music Awards
- 101 Minutes of Bliss #2: A DiS YouTube Playlist
- DiS at Latitude 2012: Live from the Cabin, inc. Yeasayer, dEUS, Sharon Van Etten
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2012 - Day 1 @ Henham Park, Suffolk