Burial collaborates with Flying Lotus, hear the magic inside
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is some serious big time shit. We know we've bored you with news about Rivers 'Mental' Cuomo and Katy 'I Kissed A Girl OMFG' Perry collaborating, but that was a moderately interesting digression from any sort of reality.
What we really hope to see is artists fusing their bulging, menacing minds together, especially when it's two people with creative lobes the size of a large burrito. That's Burial and Flying Lotus, by the way.
It has been said that the track was up on Flying Lotus's MySpace for a brief while but has since been confirmed as being actually true, we are told. That's as good as verification for us, is it for you? It should be. Anyway, the clip is available on YouTube, but we've embedded it below, so you don't need to go clicking away from this here page. Tell us what you think, an' that.
Pretty dirgey, yeah? Pretty great, yeah? Think so, think so. Sort of like a soundtrack to a botched murder in mid-winter, following your morning jog. Or something. The final minute or so is where you realise you're gonna get caught and start throwing up over your brand new, pristine clean Dunks. UN-lucky. Best bit = the Tetris-y bit at about 1:19.
It appears that there won't be any future work between the two, nor are there any plans to release the song, which is a bit of a bummer. But better this than nothing, eh?
- DiS Digest: February 2013's Album of the Month, Playlist + more...
- Mixtape Monday: The AIM Independent Music Awards 2012 - 50-song Spotify Playlist
- Half-Year: DiS' Most Read Articles, Reviews and Threads of 2012 (so far!)
- The DiS Digest: February 2012's Must Hears and Most Read
- Five For Friday: Beirut, Burial, Kate Wax, Olafur Arnalds, Scuba
- Burial - Kindred
- "It's the inner DJ in me": Ghosting Season meet film maker Adam Curtis
- Spotifriday #112: Bjork, Burial, Mozart, SBTRKT, Laurel Halo, Ryan Adams...