- St. Vincent »
St. Vincent, a.k.a Annie Clark, is no doubt a wonderful human being. She's also a fantastic singer-songwriter/musician and has already released one of the albums of the year in Actor.
She's currently on a tour of the US with the revered Andrew Bird, too, and is keeping us updated with regular videos - somewhat of a tour diary of her experiences, Episodes 1, 2, 3 and 4 of which are below.
Before that, however, here's a few (OK, a lot) dates she'll be playing in the near future on this side of the Atlantic, something you should be wetting your pants with excitement about.
31 - London, Barbican
1 - Dublin, Vicar Street
2 - Glasgow, ABC
4 - Manchester, Cathedral
5 - Leeds, Metropolitan University
6 - Bristol, Anson Rooms
8 - Brussels, Cirque Royal
9 - Amsterdam, Melkweg
10 - Hamburg, Grunspan
11 - Berlin, Postbahnhof
12 - Munich, Theaterfabrik
15 - Friburg, Fri-Son Fribourg
16 - Vienna, WuK
17 - Basel, Volkshaus
19 - Cologne, Kulturkirche
20 - Den Haag, Crossing Border Festival
21 - Paris, La Cigale
22 - Katowice, Club Hipnoza
25 - Copenhagen, Vega
Now here are the tour diaries, in chronological order:
You could do A LOT worse than carry on watching these videos.
- David Byrne, St. Vincent - Love This Giant
- News Mixtape: July 2012 ft. Frank Ocean, Death Cab's Ben Gibbard, Peter Broderick, Lykke Li and more
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2012 - Day 3 @ Henham Park, Suffolk
- DiS' 15 Must-See Bands at Latitude 2012: 13-11 St Vincent, Antlers, dEUS
- On The DiS Stereo: May 2012
- In Photos: St. Vincent @ Shepherds Bush Empire, London
- Latitude 2012 Bill: Bon Iver, Bat for Lashes, Brian Cox and billions more brilliant bands announced
- St. Vincent talks Tom Waits, technology and Strange Mercy