- LCD Soundsystem »
The Nike-commissioned LCD Soundsystem work-out track '45:33' is to be remixed by a bunch of artists like Prins Thomas and will be released on a set of 12" later this year. Physical and digital copies will be available later on September 14 through DFA Records/Parlophone.
The original was released physically in November 2007 after being available exclusively on the Nike Music store on iTunes.
Each artist will not be remixing the whole damned thing - that would surely be too much for anyone to handle - but segments of the track, which is actually longer than its title suggests. Curious.
The remixes will be done by the following people and ordered as below:
- Runaway Remix
- Prince Language Remix
- Prins Thomas Diskomiks Remix
- Theo Parrish’s Space Cadet Remix
- Trus’ Me Remix
- Padded Cell Remix
- Pilooski Remix
- Riley Reinhold Remix
Meanwhile back at the Batcave, James Murphy is working on the follow-up to LCD's 2007 record The Sound Of Silver, which actually made it onto everyone ever's "Best Of 2007" End Of Year lists.
Familiarise or re-acquaint yourself with the original recording on Spotify by clicking here. Or, watch 'Someone Great' below, parts of which were used in '45:33'. It is an unofficial video, as for some reason the intelligent people at EMI won't allow embedding of their own artists' YouTube videos.
I prefer this one, anyway.
- Help us compile The Ultimate Electronic Music playlist and you could win a bag of records
- "No regrets. None."- DiS meets LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy
- Win! Tickets to LCD Soundsystem Shut Up And Play the Hits London Premiere!
- Weekend Listening: LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead, Tom Waits, New Look, Cat Power + more!
- Drowned in Film at Sundance London
- 101 Minutes of Bliss #1: A DiS YouTube Playlist
- Reviewed: Shut Up And Play the Hits a documentary about the last days of LCD Soundsystem
- Friday Fun: Time for some James Murphy coffee?