That Welsh champion of music that is both good and new, often at the same time, Huw Stephens, is releasing a digital compilation featuring the likes of Calories, Copy Haho, Hjaltalin, Banjo Or Freakout and Tubelord.
The voice/face/name/whatever of BBC Radio 1's Introducing has teamed up with the guys and gals at Wichita to release The Music Sounds Better With Huw: Volume 1 a showcase of the great and the good according to Huw. Most of the tracks contained within are exclusive to the compilation. Cool.
On June 9 Stephens hosts the launch gig at his monthly residency at the Social, Great Portland Street, London. Copy Haho, Stricken City, Gallops and Gold Panda are all on the bill for the gig, which is free entry and starts at 8PM.
Get yourself onto iTunes to download it for just 449 pence, or £4.49 in more conventional terms.
More info, featuring a Q&A with the man himself is available by clicking on this link.
The tracklisting is as follows:
- Calories - 'Adventuring '
- Copy Haho - 'You Are My Coal Mine'
- Wax Fang - 'World War II (Pt. 2)'
- We Have Band - 'Oh!' (Plugs Remix)
- Pulled Apart By Horses - 'The Crapsons'
- Hjaltalin - 'Suitcase Man'
- Sweet Baboo - 'Woe Unto Me to Get High'
- Swanton Bombs - 'Sorrysayer'
- Cyclones - 'See If I Float'
- Banjo or Freakout - 'Eighty-Eight'
- Gentle Friendly - 'Clean Break'
- Young Fathers - 'Bring It Home'
- Stricken City - 'Pull The House Down'
- Holy State - 'Solid State Messiah' (vs the Valve Viking)
- Gallops! - 'Lasers'
- Tubelord - 'Somewhere Out There A Dog Is On Fire '
- Dinosaur Pile-up - 'Opposites Attract'
- Portasound - '4 Minute Warning'
- Colorama - 'Oyasumi Baby'
- Gold Teeth - 'Everybody'
- Gold Panda - 'Like, Totally'