- Friendly Fries »
Friendly Fires are set to play a gig with a difference next month - the difference being that it's taking place in pitch black. Like, complete darkness. No light. Nada.
Mobile phone giant Sony Ericsson's Pitch Black Session will take place in London on June 15 at a top-secret, yet to be announced venue. The aim of the session will be to heighten the 200 attendees' senses into 'feeling' the music rather than just hearing it.
Tickets will be up for grabs through various competitions and a PBS Myspace channel, which can be found here.
To try and imagine what it might be like, stand in your airing cupboard, close your eyes and listen to this:
Best songs to listen to in the dark? 'I See A Darkness'? The whole of Dark Side Of The Moon? 'Dancing In The Dark' by The Boss, surely?!
- Bestival 2009: The DiS review
- In Photos: Bestival 2009
- To space... and beyond! (well, the Isle of Wight) - a Bestival preview mixtape
- And the winner is: Speech Debelle scoops the Mercury Prize
- Florence + The Machine favourite for Mercury, to tour a bit
- Reading 2009: Day One roundup
- DiS' 20 Must-See Acts at Reading & Leeds 2009
- Reading & Leeds 2008: all of our content compiled