And the Mercury Music Prize winner is... ELBOW
- Elbow »
Elbow have won the 2008 Mercury Music Prize..
The winner is the much-loved Elbow for their fourth album The Seldom Seen Kid. They're worthy winners, and so say all of DiS. Read our 9/10 review here.
When accepting the award from Jools Holland, the unofficial nicest man in music, Guy Garvey, said:
"This is quite literally the best thing that's ever happened to us. I know I'm supposed to say something cool, but it's literally the best thing that has happened."
You can watch highlights via this BBC player (which should update at some point):
DiScuss: HURRAH! More discussion about the Mercury Music prize over on our boards here.
- In Photos: Elbow @ O2, Arena
- DiS at Latitude 2012: Live from the Cabin, inc. Yeasayer, dEUS, Sharon Van Etten
- The Latitude Virgin And The Festival Epiphany
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2012 - Day 2 @ Henham Park, Suffolk
- Latitude 2012 Bill: Bon Iver, Bat for Lashes, Brian Cox and billions more brilliant bands announced
- PJ Harvey favourite to win second Mercury Prize
- Leeds 2011: A Festival Diary
- DiS in Australia: Splendour In The Grass 2011