Dillagence: Stones Throw back with another bumper boxset
- J Dilla »
You might have copped an eyeful of Stones Throw’s recent Madvillain boxset suckering in the nerd in us all with a bunch of rarities and tasty extras for chunky $125 (LINK).
Only a few weeks after they offered up that mammoth bumper pack, Peanut Butter Wolf’s imperious California-based imprint have obviously gotten a grasp that this is one way to combat any crippling piracy problems, selling these weighty boxes and playing on our sad collector tendencies. This time it’s the turn of late beat maestro J Dilla and a ‘back by demand’ limited release of 2003’s Ruff Draft EP, containing the record on cassette, an exclusive Alfred Hawkins designed tee, and a few other bits of nonsense. All yours for £39.95.
Head to the Stones Throw website for more information on what bang you get for your buck after you’ve soaked up what’s below.
- 5 For Fri: Tom Waits, J.Dilla, Japandroids, Yeasayer, Poolside
- Mixtape: Eight And a Half's forward-thinking-future-beat instrumental hip hop
- Drowned in Brighton #7
- Aquacrunk? What the Crunk? - A brief introduction to the watery side of electronics
- Ten years in... "Beats"/Rap/Hip-Hop week - An Introduction
- Spotifriday #33 - This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- Spotifriday #25: This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- Drowned in Saturday: Alright for Fighting? Dancing? At the movies?