- MGMT »
New Yorkers MGMT - seemingly all over every magazine worth its purchase tax at present, as well as DiS (interview from earlier this year) - have announced that their second album will be released next summer.
The duo - Andrew VanWyngarden and Ben Goldwasser - told BBC 6Music that recording would begin in January. Their second will follow this year's well-received Oracular Spectacular (review), which has so far spawned two singles, 'Electric Feel' and 'Time To Pretend'.
Says VanWyngarden: "We've been longing to get in the studio for a while because we got out of it recording our last album about a year ago. We're definitely ready to start working on some new stuff. I think in January we’re gonna start recording and hopefully put an album out next summer."
Added Goldwasser: "We work better when we sit down in a room and go for it, but we don't have much time to do that right now."
- In Photos: MGMT @ Brixton Academy, London
- This Week's Singles: 27/09/10
- Watch: MGMT - 'Congratulations'
- In Photos: BBC Big Weekend @ Vanyol Estate, Bangor
- Spotifriday #42 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- MGMT - Congratulations
- MGMT announce September headline tour
- Drowned in March 2010: a Spotify playlist