Coldplay's new single downloaded by over 600,000 in 24 hours
- Coldplay »
Over 600,000 people downloaded Coldplay’s new, free single ‘Violet Hill’ within the first 24 hours of its release, according to label EMI.
Made available from Coldplay’s official website at 12.15pm yesterday (29 Apr), the track is the first to be plucked from forthcoming longplayer Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends.
The album’s out on the 12th of June, while ‘Violet Hill’ gets a paid-for digital release on the 6th of May – read DrownedinSound’s take on it here, if you so desire.
Got news? Email us at email@example.com
- Coldplay - Live 2012
- In Photos: Coldplay @ O2 Arena, London
- Spotifriday #114 This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Eels, Deftones, Active Child + more
- Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
- DiS in Australia: Splendour In The Grass 2011
- Glastonbury 2011: The DiS Highlights
- In Photos: Coldplay @ Glastonbury Festival 2011
- In Photos: Glastonbury Festival 2011 - Day 3 @ Worthy Farm, Pilton