Los Campesinos! up close: DiS catches the Brixton Windmill action
- Los Campesinos! »
DiS dispatched a pair of our team members to the Brixton Windmill, London last night to catch Cardiff-based septet Los Campesinos! play to a tight-packed crowd in a venue far too small for them… here’s what Christopher Alcxxk had to say on the night…
Whilst Saturday's Los Campesinos! gig at LSE Student Union's Afterskool Klub had more snakebite-crazed teenagers going agreeably mental, The Brixton Windmill is always going to be a somehow more fitting venue for the band, with their equivalently homely, fun, communal vybez.
Despite the somewhat static, perhaps overly reverential crowd, the atmosphere was entirely lovely, buoyed by some first-class quipping. As some of said quipping involved swearing the audience to blanket internet secrecy, I wouldn't feel comfortable revealing more than that the set consisted of tracks from their album Hold On Now, Youngster (review), debut single ‘We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives’ and their cover of Pavement's ‘Frontwards’.
Photography: Lucy Johnston
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2012 - Day 3 @ Bramham Park, Leeds
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2012 - Day 2 @ Henham Park, Suffolk
- "Paul's got bugger all to do til the end" - Gareth Los Campesinos! talks to Paul Heaton about his 's
- Latitude Festival 2012 adds Los Campesinos, Clock Opera, Polica, Gemma Arterton, Tom Watson MP...
- "We just got in a lucky situation and wrote some songs people liked" - DiS meets Los Campesinos!
- Spotifriday #117 - This week on DiS as as playlist ft. Kate Bush, Tycho, New Look + more
- Los Campesinos! - Hello Sadness
- Watch: Los Campesinos! - 'Hello Sadness'