Acronyms. Some intrepid, some intolerable. BSP joined the fight to save the polar bear by supporting a fan's research mission to the North Pole. TNPs wandered the unforgiving terrain of Clapton Common to shoot their new video. DrownedinSound was there, snapping and hacking away.
Perhaps unfair to compare Adele, Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, Katie Melua and Kate Nash to These New Puritans and British Sea Power, but the BRITs school kids set sights on a ten-eyed supergroup. "The best band ever" would " represent most women in the world". Gorge away, amateur dramatists. Your time's already come.
Plus, there was the second part in our Futureheads/Maccabees love-in and our much mouthed over conversation with Silver Mount Zion and Godspeed You! Black Emperor's Efrem Menuck ran, as did Al Denney's dinner date with The Kills.
Fraudsters plundered Kurt Cobain's estate for $36m, Metallica have a new album on the way this September, Radiohead announced a pair of free London shows, the London Astoria is doomed, a 60-year-old Billie Jean was arrested at Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch...
Festivals - Kasabian, Bloc Party, Mystery Jets, Kate Nash, The Sonics, Devo, Shellac, Explosions in the Sky, Times New Viking, MGMT, DiS DJs, Dirty Projectors, The RZA, Flying Lotus, Errors, David Shrigley, Mogwai, Irish tossers, Jay-Z, Foals, Animal Collective, Jimmy Cliff, Amy Winehouse, No Age, Madlib, Cluster
Click here for a week in news…
Hercules & Love Affair
A Week in Features
* Murder In The Third: The Kills talk Midnight Boom
* The Futureheads vs The Maccabees, part two
* Life after death disco: Hercules & Love Affair
* Rockets fall on rockist fools: Efrim Menuck embraces modernity
* Jimmy Eat World answer your questions
* Supermassive: DiS checks out Muse's Wembley DVD on the big screen
* First impressions: Panic At The Disco's Pretty. Odd.
* Johnny Foreigner's 2008 diary: February
Chatter and Opinion
* The Weekly DiScussion: South By Southwest in focus (and our tips)
* DiScover: John & Jehn
A Week in Review
* Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds: Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
* MGMT: Oracular Spectacular
* Hercules & Love Affair: Hercules & Love Affair
* Elbow: The Seldom Seen Kid
* Fuck Buttons: Street Horrrsing
* Autechre: Quaristice
* Correcto: Correcto
* Grand Archives: The Grand Archives
* Adam Green: Sixes & Sevens
Message board ‘highlights’
* so, who IS the best looking member of DrownedinSound.com?
…“let's get our circlejerk ON!”
* I must know: Who thinks Hip-Hop is total SHITE and can't wait for it to DIE!
…“Is it 1985?”
* BOMB THE NME OFFICES
…“shithead wankers, subhuman twats.” HARSH
* Bands you liked before they were big
* The Definitive Drowned In Sound indie boy romance tape
…“If someone put LC! on a mixtape for me I would have nothing to do with them ever again.”
All at Drowned in Sound
Have a sudden desire for this to turn up in your inbox every Friday? There's a box below that'll get you wild.
Got news? Email us at email@example.com