New album: Metallica to 'do a Radiohead' this September? No, probably not
- Metallica »
Metallica will release their next studio album in September, Lars Ulrich has told BBC 6 Music.
The drummer, who previously informed Revolver Magazine that the follow-up to 2003’s St. Anger sounded “dynamic”, “different” and “nutty”, said the band had almost finished the new record.
"We're just finishing up a record, we've got six weeks left and it should be out in September, that's the idea right now," Ulrich said.
Rick Rubin has handled production duties on the as-yet-untitled longplayer.
Got news? Email us at email@example.com
- In Photos: Download Festival 2012 @ Donington Park
- Download 2012: The DiS Review
- Metallica, Lou Reed - Lulu
- Friday Fun: Listen to the WHOLE of the Lou Reed and Metallica album
- Listen: Clip of Metallica & Lou Reed collaboration
- Sonisphere 2011: The DiS Review
- In Photos: Sonisphere Festival 2011 @ Knebworth
- Sonisphere 2011: The DiS Preview, Part 1