Oy. We've been getting out more this week. Up and out of our bunker in west London to various live shows dotted around the city, though being a website of our impeccable taste we had to arrange them ourselves to wring out any kind of real gratification. And wring we did, our hands in delight at, first, the Mae Shi, Rolo Tomassi, PRE and Kasms out east at Bardens Boudoir and then Banjo or Freakout, School of Language, It Hugs Back and the impeccable Wild Beasts at Monto Water Rats in Kings Cross. We've two more events, both taking place tomorrow (Saturday 26th Jan).
We begin early in the afternoon with Yeborobo, Sailors, Super Tennis and Johnny Foreigner at Notting Hill Arts Club before decamping, again, to Bardens for Youthmovies, Tired Irie, Safety Word and the Monroe Transfer. Come, Denney'll buy you a drink and everything.
Elsewhere there was busyness in London as Arctic Monkeys' Alex Turner headed a cast of indie well-knowns that joined Dev Hynes at the Lightspeed Champion album launch in Soho - click here to watch that unfold; and here to see hundreds hold their breath as British Sea Power's Phil Sumner is knocked unconscious after falling 12ft onto his very own face.
On that note...
British Sea Power’s Phil Sumner
British Sea Power man cheats death, Gallows are banned from Disneyland, an NME writer accuses the Observer Music Monthly of having an inherent fear and disgust of the working class, Justice get downgraded, famous faces club together at White Heat to form unique covers act…
Festivals - Kraftwerk, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Super Furries (Muse, the Verve, Fallout Boy?)
Click here for a week in news…
A Week in Features
* Champion sounding off: Dev Hynes talks Lightspeed inspiration
* Halleluyah? Hell yeah: The Mae Shi talk booty bass
* Fielding solo: School Of Language's David Brewis talks to DiS
* Kelley Stoltz: California dreamin' of singing songs in Liverpool
* DiS does the Big Day Out
* DiScover: Sailors
* The Weekly DiScussion: Brits at the bookies, and our favourites
Single of the Week
* These New Puritans: Elvis
A Week in Review
* The Mars Volta: The Bedlam In Goliath
* Cat Power: Jukebox
* These New Puritans: Beat Pyramid
* One More Grain: Isle Of Grain
* Dead Meadow: Old Growth
* Morrissey @ London Roundhouse
* Vampire Weekend @ London Astoria 2
* Ipso Facto, John & Jehn, Elle S'appelle @ London Buffalo Bar
Top Voted Board Threads
* Heath Ledger Dead
* Your biggest sexual faux pas
…“an untentional headbutt occured when losing my virginity”
* does your mum like your music?
…“She thinks Sigur Ros sound like people dying”
* Can you remember what you were doing when you found out about the 9/11 attacks?
* Phrases to shout at climax
All at Drowned in Sound