Kasabian back with 'psychedelic', mind-expanding new album
- Kasabian »
Leicester-born rocklads Kasabian have revealed the big idea behind their new album.
The follow-up to 2006’s Empire longplayer is untitled thus far, but will, apparently, “open your mind”, a departure from the band’s current concern with blowing venue roofs off.
“[We’re] just cracking on with it now,” Serge Pizzorno told Mighty Boosh star Noel Fielding when he phoned-in a call to Kasabian’s guest takeover slot on BBC Radio 1 last night.
“We're sort of in the process.”
“I don't really know when it’s going to be released, but as soon as we think it's ready it'll be out. It's psychedelic this one, it's going to open your mind.”
No further details have emerged yet, though Pizzorno did reveal that recent single ‘Fast Fuse’ would be in amongst the album’s tracklisting.
“We've had thousands of people saying we want it on the album, we want it on the album, so it's going to go on,” said the guitarist, which, seeing as though the song was never actually released, must have been a pleasant surprise indeed.
Got news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for back slaps and a credit...
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2012 - Day 3 @ Bramham Park, Leeds
- In Photos: Reading Festival 2012 - Day 2 @ Richfield Avenue
- Kasabian - Velociraptor!
- Muse and Kasabian double up at the NME Awards
- NME Awards 2010 shortlist announced
- Animal Collective, Bat For Lashes and Florence up for Brit Awards
- Spotifriday #24: This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- The Insider: Class Wars