Domestic abuse charges against Shins man, ex-girlfriend dismissed
- The Shins »
Relief for both parties, perhaps, in the briefly flaring tussle between Shins keyboardist Marty Crandall and ex-girlfriend Elyse Sewell; as the domestic abuse charges lobbed between the two are dismissed due to a lack of evidence.
The pair appeared in court yesterday (8 Jan) but a spokesperson from the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office is quoted as saying "both defendants have not been charged. The case was rejected due (to) insufficient evidence."
Sewell, a former contestant on US TV show America’s Next Top Model, has closed the door on the case, which she never realised would “become tabloid fodder”, according to her ’blog.
“The D.A. has rejected the case against me. I am free,” she continues, “I wish the same outcome for Marty and have no intention of pursuing any further legal action. I would not wish entanglement in the widening gyre of the American legal system upon my worst enemy.
“I will never speak of this again, nor malign Marty in this space. And tomorrow this'll be fishwrap.”
Got news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for back slaps and a credit...
- The Shins, Calexico & Eleanor Friedberger on their favourite Christmas songs
- Drowned in Sound's Favourite Albums of 2012: 100-51
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2012 - Day 3 @ Bramham Park, Leeds
- This Week's Singles! 30.07.12: Dead Fader, The Antlers, The Shins, The Orb
- Half-Year: DiS' Most Read Articles, Reviews and Threads of 2012 (so far!)
- This Week's Singles 28/05/12: Luke Abbott, Jherek Bischoff, The Shins, Euros Childs, Poppy & The
- Moving Pictures: Videos of the Year - 1st Quarter 2012
- In Photos: The Shins @ The Forum, London