EELS: officially around for ages
- Eels »
Slightly wonky, totally upper-case LA outfit EELS will celebrate officially being around for ages by releasing a couple of CDs in the new year.
Led by, and mainly consisting of, Mark ‘E’ Everett, EELS will mark their first decade by releasing first a Best Of and then a 50-track, double-CD collection of rarities, both on the 21st of January 2008.
In the meantime a documentary centring around E and his quest to learn more about his late father, famous quantum physicist Hugh Everett III, will be premiered on BBC4 on the night of November 26th in the UK at 9pm. Soundtracked by EELS, Parallel Worlds, Parallel Lives marks the 50th anniversary of Everett Snr’s controversial parallel worlds theory.
On the train back from geekville, the 24-track Best Of, entitled Meet The EELS: Essential EELS Vol 1 (1996 – 2006) has these songs:
‘Novocaine For The Soul’
‘My Beloved Monster’
‘Your Lucky Day In Hell’
‘Last Stop: This Town’
‘Climbing To The Moon (jon brion remix)’
‘I Like Birds’
‘Mr. E's Beautiful Blues’
‘It's A Motherfucker’
‘Souljacker pt. 1’
‘That's Not Really Funny’
‘Get ur Freak On’
‘Love of the Loveless’
‘Dirty Girl (live at town hall)’
‘I Need Some Sleep’
‘Hey Man (now you're really living)’
‘I'm Going To Stop Pretending That I Didn't Break Your Heart’
‘Trouble With Dreams’
It also has a DVD with twelve EELS videos on. The rarities collection, EELS: Useless Trinkets, has too many tracks on it for me to list here, but you can check it out on this very page right here.
Got news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for back slaps and a credit...
- In Photos: Eels @ Brixton Academy, London
- "Everybody’s had one person die; I call those people amateurs" – DiS meets Eels
- Eels - Wonderful, Glorious
- Spotifriday #114 This week on DiS as a playlist ft. Eels, Deftones, Active Child + more
- An Album of the Year 2000 - 11yrson: Eels Daisies of the Galaxy
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2011 @ Henham Park, Suffolk
- In Photos: Eels @ Somerset House, London
- In Photos: Glastonbury Festival 2011 - Day 4 @ Worthy Farm, Pilton