Radiohead sign to XL
- Radiohead »
Radiohead have confirmed the much-whispered rumour that In Rainbows will get a physical release through British indie label XL.
The album (review), which made its famed entrance to the virtual realm on the 10th of October, is now expected to be released on CD on the 3rd of December – to coincide with the release of the £40 discbox, reports Billboard.com.
There remains the possibility, though, that the CD release will come later; possibly conscientious of those enthusiasists who are £40 lighter.
The deal covers those markets outside North America, so there is scope for a separate release there; perhaps through a different label. Cash cash, money money.
XL Recordings, working under the Beggars Group umbrella, released Thom Yorke’s solo record The Eraser last year.
Got news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for back slaps and a credit...
- Reich, Radiohead and the Pop-Classical Rift: Steve Reich's Radio Rewrite
- Radiohead, Caribou at The O2 Arena, London, Tue 09 Oct
- The DiS Community's... 101 Favourite Albums
- Weekend Listening: LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead, Tom Waits, New Look, Cat Power + more!
- Half-Year: DiS' Most Read Articles, Reviews and Threads of 2012 (so far!)
- No Surprises? 15 Classic Albums of 15 Years Ago
- In Photos: Radiohead @ The Frank Erwin Centre, Austin TX
- Radiohead reveal UK arena gigs for October 2012