Floods put dampeners on Reading
- Nine Inch Nails »
- Smashing Pumpkins »
- The Shins »
- Interpol »
- Red Hot Chili Peppers »
- Bloc Party »
- Razorlight »
- Kings of Leon »
- Arcade Fire »
Good news for people who like floods – organisers at the Carling Weekend Reading Festival have been forced to close off car parks and camping areas due to yet more of the interfering wet stuff cacking things up for everyone again.
Festival big cheese – well, maybe not the big cheese, but certainly a nice ripe gorgonzola - Melvyn Benn said that emergency flood plans have been put in place to accommodate not-so-happy campers, who can expect to find some areas "unusable" at the event, which takes place this weekend August 24-6.
Organisers have turned one proposed car park into a campsite campsite, while other pitching areas will have reduced capacity. But don’t panic – help is at hand from the Carling Weekend: Reading and Leeds Festivals homepage, and Benn at least is looking on the bright side.
"It's been a very difficult month," he said. "This summer has been bloody awful.
"But we will be able to stage the world's greatest rock festival despite what climate change and the weather have thrown at us. I always said the festival was more important than the weather!"
- DiS Does Singles 10.06.13: Hot Chip, Poliça, Nine Inch Nails
- Weekend Listening: M83, SVIIB, HTDA (Trent Reznor), Chvrches, Ed Harcourt, Melody's Echo Chamber +mo
- DiS Report: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Film Premiere
- "It's the inner DJ in me": Ghosting Season meet film maker Adam Curtis
- Survey says: Streaming Subscription Services like Spotify Are Too Expensive
- Drowned in Sound celebrates 10 years with a 2-hour takeover of BBC 6Music
- Spotifriday #65 - This Week on DiS as a playlist
- Interview: Trent Reznor discusses The Social Network soundtrack