Sterophonics Sink To New Low
- Stereophonics »
The track, not featured on their current album 'Just Enough Education To Perform', will appear on November 26 through V2. It was recorded earlier this year with Jools Holland And His Rhythm and Blues Orchestra. It's the first time the band have released a cover version as a single, although they have covered the likes of The Beatles and Rolling Stones in the past on B-sides.
'Handbags And Gladrags', written by Mike D'abo but made famous by Stewart when it appeared on his 70s album 'Every Picture Tells A Story', was a regular in the set during frontman Kelly Jones' live acoustic shows last year. The single will be backed a cover of the Roberta Flack classic 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face'.
The song was also used as the theme to popular BBC2 sitcom "The Office" starring Ricky Gervais.
Stereophonics kicked off a 14 date European tour last night (October 1) at Rouen in France. Following the European shows, they then head for the US where they will support U2 on five dates of the second leg of their 'Elevation' tour between October 27 and November 2. They then begin a tour of the UK and Ireland on November 12 at the Point Depot in Dublin.
- Video Round-up: Sigur Ros, Metric, Hey Sholay, Foals + more!
- Weekend Listening: Stay+, Patrick Wolf, Halls, Exitmusic, Stereophonics, Deftones
- Stereophonics - Word Gets Around/Performance and Cocktails (Super Deluxe Editions)
- In Photos: V Festival 2010 @ Hylands park, Chelmsford
- Stereophonics - Keep Calm and Carry on
- Stereophonics announce greatest hits tour
- Stereophonics: double-date pre V Fest
- Pick a tat that's new: Wayne gets inked